Darren McKie 43, stared straight ahead and showed no reaction when he was jailed for life for the brutal killing of his wife Leanne who was 39. The callous, debt-ridden senior police officer left his desk at Stretford police station halfway through his shift on September 28 last year; he went home to his house in Wilmslow and strangled his wife after she found out about a £54,000 loan he had applied for behind her back, calling him a liar in an angry text message.
Darren McKie broke two bones in Leanne’s neck while he crushed her throat after Leanne discovered he had hacked into her work computer to get a payslip and forged her signature for a loan he applied for behind her back as the family’s finances spiralled out of control.
McKie, who was in charge of resource management at the Trafford division of Greater Manchester Police, put Leanne’s body into her Mini car and parked it around the corner before going to collect their three children, after putting his children to bed McKie drove the mini to Poynton Lake, where he dragged Leanne’s body 140 meters into the water.
In the middle of his trial at Chester Crown Court, he finally admitted manslaughter but claimed it was a terrible accident. Last week a jury found McKie guilty of murder by a majority of 11 to 1.
The couple had been spending way beyond their means and were more than £100,000 in debt not including the £300,000 mortgage on their home. It’s hard to believe a police inspector does this over a little bit of money. As you have all read on this blog North Wales Police stole £350,000 off me, that’s without other monies that went missing which Superintendent John Chapman is aware of, it’s hard to believe the lengths a police officer will go to, to gain money
I can tell you now ex-police inspector Darren McKie will not be getting a Proceeds of Crime Act, you can kill somebody and will not get a POCA.
Now let’s have a look at what some of the North Wales Police have done over the years:
- Chief Constable Richard Brunstom (Mad Mullah) fined for having an out of date car tax disk.
- Superintendent Gordon Anglesey, jailed for abusing boys in care homes.
- Superintendent Rob Kirman, guilty of criminal damage, assault and a public order offence.
- PC Ian James Clarke, jailed for rape.
- PC Wynne Morris, jailed for abusing a young girl.
- PC Dave Parminter, banned for drink driving.
- PC Robert Jones Welch, hung himself after being arrested for grooming a young girl.
- PC Martyn Parmley, sacked for going on the police computer for non-policing purposes.
- PC Andy Gill, sacked for going on the police computer for non-policing purposes.
- PC Gary Donnelly, jailed for sexual abuse of a teenager.
- PC David Gardener, was accused of selling a custody picture of Howard Hughes, the man who murdered 7 year old Sophie Hook in Llandudno in 1995, along with confidential psychiatric reports to the media; Gardener denied the accusations against him. He was also accused of having an affair with a lady while he was on duty, this relationship started when he had arrested the partner.
- There are too many officers to list in North Wales.
JFT96 – YNWA